Thursday, March 24, 2011

Double Oops

Oops #1: I told JJ that I was thinking about chicken for dinner, but didn't tell him that I was going to the grocery store after school. About 20 minutes after I got back, he came back...with a chicken. And also fresh mussels. Ooops.
Oops #2: We have leftover sweet almond paste and cherry jam from making hamentaschen, so I picked up a can of peaches thinking I'd make upside-down cake with all of those things. I couldn't find a recipe for peach-cherry-almond upside-down cake, so I went back and forth with a few recipes and made it up as I went along. Somewhere in the back and forth-ing, though, I managed to use nearly TWICE the butter I should have. Oops.



Dinner tonight:
1. fresh mussels with rosemary and garlic
2.Spanish rice (read: rice with sauteed onions, cumin, salt & pepper, chicken stock, and 1/3 of a salsa jar)
3."Mexican" chicken (read: Chicken smothered in El Paso taco seasoning)
4. Baguette from Tous Les Jours
5. Giant way-too-buttery Ginger Peach Cherry Marzipan upside-down cake.

I'll let you know how it goes -- I'm gonna try the cake anyway, because I'm curious whether the flavors go together. In addition to the fresh grated ginger, canned peaches, cherry jam, and homemade marzipan, there's also cinnamon, the crushed contents of 1 coriander pod, and a pinch of nutmeg.

1 comment:

Special Movies said...

Good day everybody... Good post...