Thursday, December 2, 2010

Guinea of Ecuador

Me: Name a country in Africa.
Student: Guinea of Ecuador.
Me: Sorry, what?
Student: Guinea of Ecuador.
Me: (pause, try to remember map of africa. Fail to remember "guinea of ecuador". Go to computer. Slyly google image a map while students are busy) Ahem, Equatorial Guinea?
Student: Yes, Guinea of Ecuador.

I had no clue my students had any knowledge of any country that didn't play in the world cup.
Also, does this mean I fail high school social studies?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

did you know that the capital city of equatorial guinea is malabo, and is on an island off the coast of the rest of the country?

i had to stop there when we flew out of cameroon.

miss you mama!! you gonna be home for the holidays at all?

dara said...

Yes! I will definitely be home for Christmas. Et tu?

dara said...

...can I pass that off as good Latin rather than bad French?