Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!

It's Hanukkah! And another big thanks to the extremely friendly Seoul Chabad rabbi. I sent him an email a few weeks ago asking if he knew where I could find a menorah, and he responded by mailing me not only the menorah I asked about but also candles, chocolate gelt, and a piece of Israeli Bazooka gum (Okay, full disclosure; I'm not sure it's Bazooka, because the label is in Hebrew, but I sort of remember what a B and an A look like in Hebrew from that one Hebrew lesson I took at the Oxford Chabad? I swear I tried to learn, but they ended up canceling the class when I was the only person who showed up). Suuuper nice. So now I've got the menorah and box of 44 candles (with a picture of a VERY happy-looking father and son with matching yarmulkes lighting candles) sitting on my window sill.

No comments: