Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dinner Last Night

I've volunteered to coordinate the food part of Thanksgiving for the renewing/extending ETAs. It'll probably be quite a few people, certainly more people than I've ever cooked for before. On Thursday I came up with a potential menu, and last night, I did a rehearsal for three (of five total) Thanksgiving side dishes.

1. Candied Pecan, Naju Pear, and Cranberry salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
2. Baked 4-cheese Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
2. Swiss Chard sauteed with Bacon and Apples

(Serving suggestion: beer and Peppero)

It took me about 1.5 hours altogether.
Ingredients = ~ 50,000 all together, including stuff we didn't finish (extra apples, dried cranberries, TONS of leftover m&c, and a few other things)
Amount = I ended up making enough mac & cheese for at least 12 reasonable people, swiss chard for 3 probably, and salad for 4. Of course, we're highly unreasonable people around Western food, so we killed the chard and salad and got through almost all of one of the three mac & cheese trays I baked.

Pictures to follow.

Oh, and if anyone in Daejeon wants mac & cheese, come on over -- I physically cannot eat this myself.

No comments: