Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Lessons, 2nd grade

Dear Second Grade,

Back when you were very sweet first graders, we watched "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" for Halloween. Most of you really liked it, told me you'd like to watch more, and participated fully in discussions, written responses, and games that went with it.
Now that you're sullen second-semester second graders, now that you seem to hate every English lesson from grammar to music videos because you're just flat-out done with high school, I'm giving up for the Halloween lesson. We're watching "Addams Family Values" with English subtitles.

You would have loved this a year ago. But you'll probably hate it. You'll say it's too old, too boring, too something.

Guess what? Too bad. It's not me, it's you. And I, for one, would like to see "Addams Family Values." Because today is Wednesday, and there is nothing that can make me as happy as a fat baby with a mustache.

Sincerely,
The Management

No comments: