Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rice Pudding

Rice pudding is not a Korean dish. You'd think it would be, 'cause, rice! But no. My guess is that they just eat so much rice, with every meal, that even though there's sometimes rice leftover, they just eat it for the next meal anyway. And after a rice-rich meal, you really don't crave rice pudding.

But I was feeling a little less Korean than that. So when I got home last night and remembered that I had about a cup of rice sitting in my fancy shmancy rice cooker, leftover from kimchijiggae, I knew exactly what I wanted to do about it.

Chocolate Rice Pudding

-1 cup cooked rice
-1.5 cups chocolate milk (plus extra)
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup raisins

Instructions:
1. Boil chocolate milk and rice together in a medium saucepan.
2. After it boils, reduce to a simmer. Add all other ingredients, and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
3. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mr Kim (USA) said...

Rice Pudding??!!! Now you're talkin'!! Can galaktoboureko be far behind? (Or even pronounced?)