Monday, July 5, 2010

My coteacher was nice enough to take over my afternoon class, so I could go visit the doctor.

I've been sick for about a month, with various cold-related stuff. A couple weeks ago, I woke up at 2am with a sudden, wicked, pain in my ear, and went in to the emergency room. They diagnosed me with a middle ear infection, gave me a shot of pain meds and an IV of antibiotics, and sent me on my merry way.
The pain's gone now, but it still sounds like the whole world is under water. Plus, I've had a sore throat and a bit of a cough for most of that month.

So today, doctor.

Diagnosis?

Outer ear infection + tonsillitis. I asked him about the previous diagnosis of middle ear infection, and he says I don't have one. So either the original emergency room diagnosis was wrong, or I've had an outer and middle ear infection all in the same couple of weeks.

This'll be my 4th round of antibiotics this semester. I don't remember ever being on antibiotics more than once in a year before. Is this due to over-prescribing, or what?

My money's on a serious need for vacation in America. I think my homesickness may be manifesting as actual sickness.

Fingers crossed that I'm 7 days of pills away from tip-top health and stress-free Korean living.


Countown:

Days of teaching: 5
Days at school: 7
Days in Korea: 10

Also,
Days until meeting new ETAs: 5

No comments: