Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Life's good.

This morning, I woke up at noon and made coffee, a fried egg, and banana stuffed french toast with chestnut bread. Do I need to expound more on my love of breakfast? Those of you who read regularly (hi mom!) will know, no doubt, that any day that starts with banana stuffed french toast can never completely fail.
This week, I taught for a grand total of 2 hours (plus a couple frustrating teacher and staff classes, ugh). Now that 2/3s of my 2nd graders are gone, and all those classes have been combined into one, I only teach one hour on Mondays and Tuesdays. And my firsties have finals wed & fri.
So I announced that I was volunteering at Keely's school on Thursday, made that true, and voila! Now I'm in Gongju, watching Iris while Keely's host mom peels chestnuts. Tomorrow, I'm spending my day with Keely at her school, introducing the magic of playing drinking games in English classes to yet another community of children. Life's good. Can't wait to check out Keely's on-campus dorm room, of which I am supremely jealous.

No comments: