Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hold 'Em, I Hardly Know 'Em!

Lesson of the Day: Texas Hold 'Em, poker idioms pt 2
Video of the Day: various (pop covers of Christmas classics)


The mood in the class was much better than yesterday. I think they were grateful to have a break, and I was happy to give it to them. I didn't even bug them about speaking in Korean, and since without my reminding them, they switched back and forth between Korean and English, they got a little English conversation practice anyway. They seemed to have some fun, everyone was getting along, and there was some playful arguing in English about the rules of the game, which I had them look up online - in English. Overall, this lesson idea didn't suck!

John ended up with the most points by the end of class, and ever the gentleman, he diplomatically asked the others what movie they'd like to watch. I gave them a summary and showed a picture of the DVD cover for Elf, The Santa Clause, Jingle All the Way, and the Muppet Christmas Carol. Then I asked them to decide as a group what snack they'd like to enjoy for our last two classes together.

Keep in mind that this class happens at 8:30am when I tell you that they chose "Jingle All the Way" with nachos and coke. God bless us, every one.

No comments: