Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Presents for the Homestay Family

Host brother: Bumblebee Transformers action figure
Host sister: pink nail polish (a fairly subtle shade I'm guessing HSM will find unobjectionable), journal, CD of top American pop hits of 2009
Host parents: throw blanket for the living room couch, wrapped in a reusable thin canvas gift bag.

Getting up and heading out early tomorrow to hit up Insadong and finally pick up all of the traditional Korean stuff that I haven't been able to get before (perishables, big bulky stuff, etc). I have to be at the airport by 5 to pick up my stuff from the bus it'll be on (which really means I have to be at the airport by 4:30 to find the place where the buses are), so I'm going to get up early and work fast, and be on a PLANE to NYC by 7:30! Wowza! Gearing up for some intense reverse culture shock when I order a coffee at Starbucks and actually receive a coffee...

No comments: