Saturday, October 17, 2009

Eat Your Words

I made biscotti today! I like making them, since even though they're a little time-consuming, they're criminally easy to get right (and thus are perfect for making with tiny Korean assistants).
But my mood was somewhat modified when a friend of my host family's came over. She is, without a doubt, the adult offspring of the cool asians and the girls who don't eat anything.
I just had an emaciated Korean friend of the family tell me I was the most beautiful fat person she'd ever met.
I was already considerably taken aback when she followed this up by reaching over, grabbing my eyebrow, and exclaiming things in Korean.
Then I got praised for my exceptional paleness. I told her my mom was blonde, and she asked if my mom was fat. It was utterly surreal.

No comments: