Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pizza Pizza

Dinner tonight -- will it be, like lunch, tofu miso soup, veggies with pepper sauce, and whole fish? Or will it be, like last night's dinner, kimchi, rice, and peppered tofu?

Wait - what's this? Ah - pizza! An entirely different continent of food awaits!




Above: A pizza awaiting its turn to be baked. I took care of the dough (harder here than at home, since this kitchen has neither rolling pin, nor cornmeal, nor pizza stone), did an example pizza to show the kids roughly how much sauce and toppings they could pile on before the pizza would get soggy, and then stood back and let them go to town. After they enthusiastically and artistically created a couple of masterworks, they got bored, so I took over again. This beauty is an example of my host brother's work, which I recognize by its insistence on tearing apart mozzarella singles rather than going for the apparently less-familiar shredded stuff.



The same pizza after encountering my host sister (no, I didn't have time to take pictures of ANY of the SEVEN pizzas as they came out of the oven, as they were mercilessly devoured with alarming speed). Pizzas tremble before the Kim family!

1 comment:

MaybeUrMom said...

I am proud to see that you use your powerful influence for good, like spreading pizza in asia..