Tuesday, July 7, 2009

American Brands do Korea

So what with the brutal jet lag and all, I've been seeking out coffee in the morning (though I don't know if I'll have time this morning...it's a bit of a hike to the Dunkin' Donuts, and I don't think anything non-American is open this early. Coffee here seems to be more of an afternoon/evening thing). Yesterday, when we went on a trip to E-Mart to go pick up whatever stuff we'd forgotten or couldn't pack (in my case, yogurt, hangers, and scotch tape to put pictures up), I found a Starbucks! I got an iced coffee, but they have something called a "dark berry mocha" frap that I'm looking forward to trying sometime soon. Anyway, as we were walking out I saw this amazing sign, an ad for something that I don't think would fly in the States...



Ah yes -- cultural ambassadorship! I have a feeling this will be a recurring / oft tagged & updated entry.

No comments: